Dendrobiums are an excellent choice for arrangements and bouquets since their flowers are available in a wide range of colors, sizes and shapes.
They are characterized by a long blooming time: from the time the first flower bud opens, the floral ‘sprays’ will remain in bloom for about 2 months. If a Dendrobium is kept in a bright warm spot, it may even produce an extra seasonal bloom of flowers!
You can assure future vibrant blooms by regular watering and fertilizing, and by re-potting your Dendrobium in a media specifically formulated for Dendrobiums. Better-Gro® Dendrobium Mix is carefully blended to cater to the distinct moisture needs of Dendrobiums. This mix is a complex mixture of porous lava rock, western fir bark, hardwood charcoal, coarse perlite providing your plant’s roots with quick drainage and superior air flow.
Better-Gro® Dendrobium Mix:
- Is a complete mixture of porous lava rock, western fir bark, hardwood charcoal, coarse perlite
- Is developed to provide your plant’s roots with quick drainage and superior air flow for superb health and growth
- Should be used when re-potting your orchid, at least every 12-18 months or as needed to support healthy growth
- Is endorsed by the American Orchid Society
- Comes in a handy re-sealable bag
- Available in convenient 8 Dry Quarts (8.8L) size
Printed on the back of the Better-Gro® Dendrobium Mix bag are easy orchid growing directions for lighting, watering, and feeding requirements, as well as detailed step-by-step instructions outlining the critical points necessary to successfully re-pot your orchid. You’ll also find a link to EasyOrchidGrowing.com, which hosts a plethora of Easy Orchid Growing videos and care tips.
After re-potting your orchid, use Better-Gro® Orchid Plus® and Better-Gro® Orchid Bloom Booster® plant foods to promote healthy growth and abundant blooms.
Find out where to buy Better-Gro® products here.